Relentless Pursuit






There is an awesome verse in Deuteronomy 4:29 that makes me realize that I can never have enough of God. The verse says, “But if from thence thou shalt seek the Lord thy God, thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul.”

How many of us have ever lost something? A pen? A note? How would you look for it? Would you look for a little while? And give up? Okay, well, what if one day you lost a vintage diamond ring or let’s say a 100 grand. How would you look for it then?

Now allow me to ask an obvious question. Why? Why would we look for it? Value, right?
In your life where do you place God? What is His value in your life? Do you fit Him in between your school work and or job? Or do you get your five minutes in and think you’re alright?



Let’s take a look at the value of God through the Bible:

  • In Matthew 11:28-30 it says, “COME unto me [Jesus], all ye that labor and are heavily laden and I WILL GIVE YOU REST. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly of heart: and YE SHALL FIND REST for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
  • In Romans 14:17 it says, “For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; BUT righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.”
  • In Revelation 21:4 it says, “And God shall wipe away ALL tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for THE FORMER THINGS are PASSED AWAY.”
  • In Romans 12:19 it says, “Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but give place unto wrath: for it is written, VENGEANCE IS MINE, I WILL REPAY, saith the Lord.”
  • In Isaiah 41:10 it says, “Fear thou not; for I AM WITH THEE: be not dismayed; for I AM THY GOD, I WILL STRENGTHEN THEE; yea, I WILL HELP THEE; yea, I WILL UPHOLD THEE with the right hand of my righteousness.”
  • In Romans 5:8 it says, “But God commendeth His love toward us, in that, WHILE WE WERE YET SINNERS, Christ died for us.” 
  • In Romans 8:35-39 it says, “Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the daylong; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, IN ALL THESE THINGS WE ARE MORE THAN CONQUERORS THROUGH HIM THAT LOVED US. For I AM PERSUADED that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor things height, nor depth, nor any other creature shall be able to SEPARATE US from the LOVE of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” 
  • In 1 John 4:17 it says, “Herein is our love made perfect that we might have boldness in the Day of Judgment: because AS HE [JESUS] IS, SO ARE WE in this world.” 
  • In 1 John 4:19 it says, “We love Him, because He FIRST loved US.” 
  • In 1 John 4:8 it says, “He that loveth not knoweth not God; for GOD IS LOVE.”
  • In John 3:15-16 it says, “That whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have eternal life. For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. ” 
  • In John 14:2 it says, “In my Father’s house are MANY mansions: if not, I would have told you. I go TO PREPARE A PLACE FOR YOU.” 

These are only a few of the promises. There are sooooooo many more promise in His Word. So clearly the value of God surpasses everything we could ever know. But it comes with a price, not a hard one at all, but for us to simply lay down our life.

What it calls for is:


In Luke 14:26 it says, “If ANY man come to me, and HATE not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and HIS OWN LIFE also, he CANNOT be my disciple.”


In Matt 10:37 it says, “He that LOVETH father or mother MORE THAN me IS NOT worthy of me: and he that LOVETH son or daughter MORE THAN me IS NOT worthy of me.”

As you can see the value of Jesus, outweighs anything we can find …..sooo why are we not seeking Him ???? Because of the temptations of this world? Remember everything the devil says is a lie!! WHY??? Because he is the father of all lies!!!!!



Then the only thing stopping us is ourselves:

In Jeremiah 29:13 it says, “And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me WITH ALL your heart.”


In Proverbs 8:17 it says, “I love them that love me; and those that SEEK ME EARLY shall find me”

How have you been seeking God? Do you press in and get bored or tired because you do not think you are growing? Have you really sought God with all your heart??
Do you think God will trust such a wishy-washy person with His secrets, His mysteries??? Or will He look for a person in relentless pursuit of Him?



To grow in God means an emptying of yourself and a infilling of Him (this speaks to me). Let us lay aside our earthly ambitions and press in deeper into God’s presence. Let us seek quiet time to study His word and seek His face in prayer and meditation. Sit down at the end of your day and recount how many hours were spent devoted to God. Was Jesus on your mind? If not, how many hours did you waste on worldly vapors..


Let us seek God. Let us ask the Holy Spirit to help us seek God with all our heart and soul. Please, brethren, let us passionately seek God.

Comments

  1. only a child of God know what prefect love really is.one of the most valuable spiritual focus given to the child of God on earth. It is My secret place,my dwelling place, my hightower and my stronghold but it is so much more i only use these words to give you a picture of what i am saying,come and see what the lord has for you, listen to me, If two come together in this place of prefect love, hey to God be the glory, listen to what my lord is saying now, eyes have not seem nor ears heard neither have it entered into the heart of man the blessings which is waiting on those who walk in prefect love with one and another,wow that awesome God perfect love very few people find it or look for it this place where you can dwell with God, the evil one hide the truth form you. For he who dwell in the perfect love of God is truly more than a conqueror who over came the cares of world and the deceitfulness of riches.In closing I say unto you, submit yourself to the first ten words in the psalm 23, cry out every word of it,We must stay in God order before you can see the green pasture and receive our restore soul. Great Job Felicia God bless you and your family

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts